Attendees (18): Jerry Hood, Al Oines, Ed Pike, Danny Green, Rollie Lynde, Bob and Kathie Buchanan, Harley Schmadeke, Bel Felix, Lon Gose, Paul Douglas, Gary Graves, Richard and Margaret Rasmussen, Steve Larson, Ron Fisher, Frank DiCesare and Rick Weisbeck.
Tasks to prepare for workshop:
- Sealer on wheeled toys (KB)
- Spray finish on wheels (RW)
- Spray finish on toys (BB)
- Sand and router remaining critters (BB)
- Build 102 tugboats (S Larson)
- Sew bags for critters and for blocks (Patsy, Mary, Kathie)
- Sealed, sanded and spray finish on Turtle Banks (KB/BB)
- Locomotives assembled (AO)
- Build more Cradles (4) (FD)
- Wheels installed on 57 Wheeled Toys, packed and inventoried. Included large racers, large oldies, buses, small cars, helicopters, and an airplane.
- Toys were cut on the scrollsaw, sanded, and routered:
- Comic helicopters were cut to shape on scrollsaw
- Comic Helicopters were rounded over on router
- Comic Helicopters were rough sanded on RIGID sander; now ready for sealer.
COMIC HELICOPTERS CUT, SANDED, AND ROUTERED
CRITTERS SORTED AND PACKAGED IN CLOTH BAGS
TOYS PACKAGED AND LOADED FOR STORAGE
LAST OF THE CRADLES ASSEMBLED - READY FOR FINAL SPRAY
Toy Program Status. Toys completed and already in inventory at the beginning of the workshop: 1,649. There were 155 toys moved to inventory after this workshop, bringing the total completed to: 1,804.
Tasks to complete before next week's workshop:
- Sealer on tugboats/comic helicopters.
- Sand tugboats/comic helicopters.
- Final Spray on tugboats/comic helicopters.
- Final Sealer/Spray Finish on cradles.
- Spray wheels for the comic helicopters.
- Cut more rotors for comic helicopters.
- Cut parts for Rockers.
- Sew 8 more big bags for blocks.
- Continue making parts for remaining toys.
Click on the link below to learn more about the Rapid City Woodworkers Association activities on the main page of the website: