Attendees (17): Jerry Hood, Al Oines, Ed Pike, Danny and Mary Green, Rollie Lynde, Bob and Kathie Buchanan, Harley Schmadeke, Lon Gose, Paul Douglas, Gary Graves, Grant Coffin, Darwin and Lauree Buus, Frank DiCesare and Rick Weisbeck.
Tasks to prepare for workshop:
- Sealer on comic helicopters (KB)
- Sand comic helicopters (400 wet/dry) (KB)
- Spray finish on wheels (RW)
- Spray finish on comic helicopters (BB)
- Seal 102 tugboats (KB)
- Sew additional bags for blocks (KB)
- Cut plastic circles for Turtle Banks (RW)
- Assemble more Locomotives (AO)
- Spray finish on more Cradles (4) (BB)
- Work on basketball games (BB/KB):
- Seal basketball bases
- Sand basketball bases
- Assemble basketball bases (post to base with wedge) (104)
- Final spray on bases
- Wheels and rotors installed on comic helicopters
- Comic Helicopters packed and inventoried.
- Blocks were put into block bags (camo): 10 large and 10 small. Total of 9 bags packaged, and inventoried.
- Cradles placed in inventory (4).
- Tugboats were sanded and are now ready for final spray (102).
- Basketball Games were worked as follows:
- Basketball hoops were secured to backboards with screws (24).
- Holes for ball/string assemblies were drilled in bases.
- Ball/string assemblies were attached to bases with 1/8" dowels and glue (104).
- Hoop/backboard assemblies were attached to posts on bases assemblies with glue (33)
- Completed basketball games were packaged with two spoons (33). Instruction sheet will be attached to each game next week.
Toy Program Status. Toys completed and already in inventory at the beginning of the workshop: 1,804. There were 71 toys moved to inventory after this workshop, bringing the total completed to: 1,875.
Tasks to complete for 2016 Toy Making Marathon:
- Final spray on tugboats and cup and ball games. Package, and inventory.
- Cut parts for Rockers. Drill pilot holes, and assemble. After assembly, Seal, Sand, and Spray final. Package and inventory.
- Cut plastic circles for the elusive Turtle Banks. After assembly, package and inventory.
- Prepare Basketball Hoops for assembly with backboards. After assembly, Seal, Sand, and Spray final.
- Make remaining Cup and Ball games. Attach ball/string, seal, sand, spray finish.
- Make remaining spindles for Ring Toss Games. Attach ring/string, seal, sand, and spray finish.
Click on the link below to learn more about the Rapid City Woodworkers Association activities on the main page of the website: